Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day Two


I wanted to do something a little different, and during my time (read: hours) spent on Pinterest I found a great blog to help me give thanks to everyone and everything that has made a great impact on my life thus far.

Wanna check her out? Go here: 30 Days of Thanks

Well here goes:


Thirty Days of Thanks

Day Two: An Animal


how could you NOT love this face?


I am thankful for Daisy Mae Schueder. She is no longer with us, but she was a force to be reckoned with while she was alive. Daisy was the result of a rescue. Her pregnant mother was rescued by a Marine that worked with my husband. My husband in turn rescued her from being sent to the animal shelter. This all resulted in us being proud owners of ten pit bull puppies and their mother.






watch out! pits are vicious! (yeah right)
We kept Daisy and adopted out her mother and siblings. I’ll admit that Jesse and I were of the kind that believed pits were evil. Daisy changed all of that. She was the biggest lover, best babysitter, greatest lapdog that we’ve ever had. I still miss her to this day. As much  as I love all the animals we have now, there will never be another Daisy. She taught us that stereotypes are born of ignorance. Animals should not be condemned because of their breed, but many owners should be because of how they've trained their animals to behave.







Much Love,

L Schueder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...