Tuesday, November 27, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Days 21-25


We were lucky enough to have Large with us over the Thanksgiving break, so I fell tragically behind in my thanks. I have to add that I am thankful we were able to have our little family whole over the holiday. ☺


30 Days of Thanks

Day Twenty-one: A Disappointment or Fear

I think I have the same fears as any mother. I’m afraid that my children will not be well-rounded, educated, and well-mannered members of society. Jesse and I have seen some of the brats running around the schools and playgrounds, so we try as hard as we can (without being dictators) to bring our children back to the way we were raised.

You know, like back in the good ole days.





Day Twenty-two: A Book

I don’t think I could narrow it down to just one book! I love almost all of them--especially the serials that I read as a kid. I can’t wait to share them with my girls:

The Babysitters Club
Nancy Drew
The Boxcar Children
Sweet Valley High (when they get a little older)
Goosebumps
Fear Street
Anne of Green Gables
The Little House on the Prairie

And some of my favorite non-series:

Little Women
Where the Red Fern Grows
Charlotte’s Web
How to Eat Fried Worms
anything by Roald Dahl,
Beverly Cleary,
or Judy Blume


Day Twenty-three: A Feeling


I love the feeling of romantic anticipation.
Which is definitely different from sexual anticipation, mind you. I’m talking about butterflies and your heart skipping a beat.
I’m happy to say that after almost a decade together,
I still get those butterflies when I’m waiting for Jesse to come 
home to me.



Day Twenty-four: A Photograph

With my best friend being a photographer,
this is easy to answer. I actually have more than one favorite:

my favorite photo of daddy and his little princess

my favorite photo of the girls -- this totally shows their relationship

my absolute favorite picture of the Hubbs & me



Day Twenty-five: A Luxury

Anyone that knows me,
knows that I am, basically, in love with our wood-burning stove.
Shoot, it can be cold and windy with a windchill in the single digits,
but it’s a balmy 80°F in our house.

It costs more money to cool our house in the summer,
than it does to heat it in the winter.
(It’s a good thing the Hubbs is awesome with a chainsaw!)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...