Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to School



Back to school season is here, and for the first time all our girls will be going. It's a major deal around here, it means there are no more babies in the house. It's amazing how much the kids grew over the summer! Something else happened this summer, the girls reached the age when they've really started fighting.

Since the arguing started, I've been counting down to the start of school (so, since about the second week in June). Of course, I adore my children, but I'm finally understanding how my mother felt when she threatened to ship my brothers and me to our grandmother in Laos. (So not cool, even if I do feel her pain.)

Who are these mothers getting teary-eyed every fall? If I could, I'd have a party. I am the parent in the Staples commercial happily riding a shopping cart through the aisles, singing about the most wonderful time of the year. (It doesn't hurt that I have a "thing" for office supplies--who am I kidding? It's an addiction.)

I've been a stay-at-home mom for ten years. That's a decade of little ones drooling, pooping, spilling, crying, and crawling all over me all day, every day. Should I be judged for wanting a little peace and quiet? Should I be looked down upon for being excited about about having some alone time? (And maybe a little quality time with The Hubbs?)

I say judge me all you want. Everyone's situation is different. It doesn't mean I love my kids any less if I'm not sniffling at the bus stop. Besides, I'm going to be too busy enjoying my clean house and peeing alone to care.


Much Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...