Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's a Fave Rave!


It's Tuesday--I like to think of it as a Tell-All Tuesday. Since my birthday was last week, a lot of people have been asking what I'd like as gifts and what some of my favorite things are. It's hard to be put on the spot and say, "Oh hey, I love this/that!" So, I sat and thought about it for awhile, and here goes:




What is your favorite book?

Please, that's like asking me to pick a favorite child! But I'm currently reading this:

The Unfinished Garden by Barbara Claypole White


and this:

Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster


What is your favorite song?

Uh, duh. Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.


What is your favorite color?

I love the combination of Purple & Silver--so elegant!




What is your favorite destination?

I'm going to drag my husband back to Oaxaca some day. I love traipsing around in the mountains & the  ruins. :)


What is your favorite memory?

Christmas the year I was in second grade. I didn't know it then, but we were given presents from the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, & the church. I remember it as the year my teacher came for Christmas.



What is your favorite TV show?

Any show involving the acronym: NCIS

The cast of NCIS

What is your favorite movie?

Simply Irresistible. It's a little known film starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, but I watch that thing all the time--I wore out a DVD and had to get another copy! Truthfully, the movie isn't that great, but I love it. Probably because the protagonist is a total klutz that leaves all her emotions on the table and I can relate to that.
buy it here: Simply Irresistible


What is your favorite food?

I love food. Especially anything that is made with chocolate. Yum!


What is your favorite dessert?

Amazingly, as much as I crave chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, my favorite dessert is Cheesecake. Like this absolutely fabulous one made for me by Vinny D's stepdad. It was heaven from a spring form pan.



What is your favorite treat?

Since moving back to  NW Iowa, I am suffering a deficiency of Starbuck's mocha's and Sonic Cherry-Limeade slushies.


What is your favorite car?

Mercedes. Benz. E550. Cabriolet.
Some day you will be mine, my pretty...


What is your favorite piece of clothing?

This totally goes against my love of classic, preppy clothing, but I love tank tops. I have sleeve issues, so I wear a tank top almost everyday--hey the layered look is in!
Snag this super cute cowl neck UofM tank top from Meesh & Mia here.


What is your favorite fashion accessory?

Earrings. As much as my husband hates them, I love dangly earrings.




What is your favorite perfume?

Right now I'm in love with Coach Poppy & Poppy Flower

Thanks txnpolarbear for the Christmas gift!



What is your favorite leisure activity?

Reading. Uh, duh.


Who is your favorite author?

It's a three-way tie between Nicholas Sparks, Susan Elizabeth Phillips & Kristin Hannah


Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Actor:
That's another tough one, but I'm a huge fan of Ryan Reynolds.


Actress:
I'm really into Kristen Bell right now.



Who is your favorite singer?

I love the soulful sound of Adele's voice.


Who is your role model?

Easy.
My mother, by far. The courage it took to leave her home (pregnant with me!) and travel around the world to start a new life--amazing. I have issues picking up the phone if I know I'll have to talk to a live person.



Where is your favorite place to be?

Fully engulfed in a cozy blanket and a good book. Bonus points if my husband is nearby. Double bonus points if he's reading, too!


These are the things that make my heart and soul happy. Some mentally, some spiritually, and some purely superficially. What are some of your favorite things?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...