Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another Year Wiser?

So ... today is my birthday. As the saying goes, I'm another year older and another year wiser. But am I really? Wiser, that is? I've said countless times (and will continue to say) that time flies when you're chasing around a family. I'm not quite sure where my last year disappeared to.

It's me!

But, today is my day. The one day a year that is dedicated to me
(and Pi and Potato Chips, but I digress).
It's the day that I get to sit and think about the things I've done, the ones I'm doing right now, and the stuff I want to do in the future.
Like the stuff on my Pinterest bucket list.

And also I think about random stuff like this:
(Because, honestly, I wouldn't really be me if I didn't think random thoughts.)

1.) What do you think is your biggest flaw? What have you done about it?
     I have awful social anxiety, and it seems the older I get--the worse it gets. I do a lot of deep breathing (wooosaaahhh) exercises, and during the worst of scenarios I hide behind my husband. The man can be an ass, but there are times when he uses that to stick up for me. <3 font="">

2.) If you could change your name, what would your new name be?
   Growing up named Lamphone in a world of Sarahs, I thought about this a lot when I was younger. I've wanted to change my name to everything from Alexis, to Chantelle, to Zoey. I think I've finally accepted my name, but I do still wish I had a middle name. I'm thinking of giving myself one soon!

3.) Whom do you secretly envy? and why?
   Okay, this is something that I've finally been able to learn and take to heart in the last year. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has their own issues. While there are days when I would love a more awesome wardrobe, there isn't anyone that I envy. Very mature of me, I know. ;)

4.) What time of the day do you feel most energetic? What do you usually do in those moments?
   I rock lunch like nobody's  business. That period from 1100-1500 is when I get most everything done in the house. I don't do mornings well, and I usually need a nap around 1600. Next thing you know, I'll be eating early-bird specials.

5.) If you could be a fictional character from a movie or novel, who would you be? Why?
   I used to want to be Cher from Clueless. She was beautiful, had great clothes, and a pure heart. Yes, there are pictures of me from that era in my preppy-trend clothes. I'm not sure if I'm proud or ashamed.

6.) What are you really bad at?
   I stink at sticking up for myself. I will fight to the death for my family and friends, but I have a hard time standing tall when I'm the one being belittled. For anyone that thinks bullying doesn't have lasting effects, I think I'm a prime example that it does. :(

7.) What type of person angers you the most?
   Idiots. I can't stand friggin' idiots. Those lacking common sense and decency should be stuck in a canister and sent out to sea.

8.) Who never fails to make you feel good about yourself?
  My three best girl friends: Mary, Janna, & Patty. They help bring out all the best parts of me. :)

9.) What is the first thought that usually crosses your mind when you pop your eyes open in the morning?
   Fuck. That is, literally, (yes, literally not figuratively) the first thought in my mind every day. The variety changes day to day though: Fuck it's early, fuck my back hurts, fuck I'm tired, fuck I'm cold, and so on ...

10,) Do you love yourself?
   In a word, no. As I've gotten older, I've accepted myself, but I don't think I  quite love myself yet. I'm getting there, though.

So, those are some of the thoughts running through my mind today. I told you they were random!
The year of the snake has been good to me so far, and
I'm kind of looking forward to what else is yet to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...