Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Year in Review


2012 the Year in Review

It’s been a big year. It seems like they all are, anymore. One thing that doesn’t change is how quickly the time seems to fly by. If anything, time seems to keep moving faster. It doesn’t feel like we’ve been home for almost 2 years. It seems like we just left Camp Lejeune.

But I will say this, after being home this long, I think we’re finally falling into our places here. Finally figuring out where we belong in the civilian world. Some days it’s easier to see than others. We’re getting there.

2012 is the year that:

**We moved from Cherokee to Calumet. Now, the Hubbs is where he wants to be--as for the rest of us, that is yet to be decided.

**Medium started Kindergarten. Large is in sixth grade. Two down, only one to go! What does it say about us as parents when we admit to being excited that all the girls will be in school next fall?

**The Hubbs sold one house, then bought another.

**The Hubbs also bought and sold a few vehicles. My favorite is my van--yes, I’m perpetuating the Soccer Mom stereotype. But, my van is fully loaded, so I don’t care. Ha!

**ML came to visit in the Spring. Yay! We hadn’t seen her since we left North Carolina. We (especially me) miss her so much! I’ll see you soon!

**I got a job outside the house for the first time in, oh, about six years. It didn’t last long though, once our babysitter went back to high school, it was cheaper for me to just stay home.

**Medium became a Daisy Scout. This was a little self-serving since last year we were totally passed over at Girl Scout cookie time. We have gone a whole year without Thin Mints or Samoas. This will not happen again!

**The Hubbs retired. Technically, he retired a couple times. I think. I can’t keep up with him.

**Our house is slowly turning into a zoo. We added a new kitten and rabbit to the mix. I think next I’ll try to talk the Hubbs into things that live in aquariums. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...