Monday, December 10, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 30

I know that this is very late for 30 Days of Thanks, but it's for good (read: embarrassing) reason. It took me forever to hunt down the "appropriate" pictures to go with this post. (I still couldn't find the exact one that I was searching for.) And then, it took me another whole day to remember how to scan pictures on my printer. But, anywho, without further ado ... Day 30:


30 Days of Thanks

Day Thirty: The Thing You Are Most Thankful For

Without a doubt, I am most thankful for my mother.
And for her to feel the need to follow her dream and come to the
United States.
Some of you know that my mother was pregnant with me when she left her small village in Laos, and that I was born in a refugee camp.
(She was only 18 when she left home!)
I was 14 months old when we arrived in the US. This is the only home I’ve ever known.
I did some research when I grew a little older, and learned what my life would be like if my mother had stayed “in the old country.”

I am so thankful to have all the opportunities being in America has afforded me.
The chance to marry for love.
For a great education.
For modern conveniences.
For my children to know what a great country they were born in.


See that little boy there? Yeah, that's me at 14 mos.
They even gave me a bunch of boys' toys? WTH, guys?!


NOTE: The picture I was searching for was of my mom and me during/right after immigration. If I ever find it, I will definitely post it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...