Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011


Moving is stressful. I know it, you know it, every member of the United States military knows it. But, you know what happens when you’re under that stress? You have to find ways to deal with it, find ways to work through it. Find ways to get rid of whatever’s causing you stress.
Moving stress requires a lot of work and attention. We have moved not once, but twice in the last four months. That takes a lot out of a person. Or people. Especially people that have been forced to leave the lifestyle they’ve known for the last four years.
Not only have we moved back to a life we haven’t known for years, we’ve moved into a house that needs a lot of TLC. When you’re the mom, all the T and the L come from you. I’ve been spending the last four months giving everything that I’ve had to my husband, kids, dogs, and then the house. When one o’clock in the morning rolls around, I don’t have anything left for myself. It’s a sad feeling.
I finally decided that even if I am exhausted, I am going to give to myself. I may be a little extra tired in the morning, but I will feel better that I took some time to do something that I wanted to do.
That thing that I’m wanting to do is write. My brain aches when I don’t get to stick pen to paper, or fingers to keys. I love my family, but writing is my passion. I know, I may not be that great at it, but I do not write for you (not yet, anyway). I write for me. Spending a couple hours with my music and my blog are even better than a glass of wine and a book. But, come to think of it, that glass of wine is sounding pretty good, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...