Wednesday, May 26, 2010

List Yourself

My girlfriend bought me the most wonderful book. "List YourSelf: Listmaking as the way to Self-Discovery" A long title, I know, but it's incredible the things that you can learn about yourself. In 20 lines or less, you can discover "all the songs you know by heart" or "what you couldn't stand about the way you looked as a teenager" and one of my favorites "Suddenly you can eliminate individuals you feel are a problem on the planet. You will not get in trouble. List them." Oh boy, if only! I have chosen not to make that list yet~it might be seen as incriminating evidence in the future....

On those nights when I can't sleep (much like tonight), I spend time filling out the lists, committing some of them to memory. My goal? To someday have the time to use all these little tidbits of information in novels. Maybe someday a protagonist will cross the Skunk River, or the Tittabawasee (I fully mangled that spelling, I'm sure), or the Sioux (all rivers which I have crossed, by the way). But until I get the time, which I'm sure won't happen until my husband is back stateside, I'm using it as a sleep aid. Thanks friend, for helping me get to sleep before sunrise. Now I'm off to remember my "surefire sexy moves and lines." This should be interesting.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...